C1 – 3.10.09
CharlotteONE last night was pretty amazing. It was a beautiful and warm evening in uptown Charlotte, so we kept the doors of First United Methodist Church open as 600 voices sang the praises of our awesome God and flooded Tryon Street with heavenly melodies.
Todd Philips, the pastor of Frontline, the young-adult ministry of Mclean Bible Church in D.C., came and brought a powerful message regarding the believer’s responsibility to minister to “the least of these”–the down and out–the homeless–the orphan–the widow. (the third part of the 4-part series called “Love Mercy”) What I love about Todd is not only the sincerity of his heart but the fact that he maintains a beautiful, yet rare balance between conservative, biblical theology on the one hand and practical social justice on the other. Usually one outweighs the other, but Todd has a great balance. He brought the heat last night, and he’ll be back again next week to wrap up the series.
1. Everlasting God (Lincoln Brewster version)
2. All We Need (Charlie Hall)
3. Mighty to Save (Hillsong)
4. When I Think About the Lord (Shane and Shane)
5. The Wonder of This Sight (J & T)
6. You are Here/The Same Power (Hillsong)
7. Glory to God (new Steve Fee song) &
8. Holy (Andrew Cherry)