Christmas Eve Recap
The Christmas Eve service at Southbrook was off the hook!! After it was all said and done, we led worship 8 times. The band did awesome. We gave it all we had every service. I’ve never been more proud to be a part of a team of worshipers like I was Monday night. With each service we pumped each other up like it was the last time we’d ever get to lead, keeping in mind that there most certainly lost people needing Christ in each service. As adrenaline-laced as the night was, there were some small things that we discovered helped us stay psyched throughout the night. For instance,
1. We gave each other the “wet salmon” frequently throughout the night (a quick slap back and forth just above the knees as a sort of “gotcha when you weren’t looking” gesture).
2. After a quick wardrobe change halfway through, I ditched my sweaty undershirt in place of a fresh one.
3. Many of us kept the caffeine flowing intravenously.
4. Hot tea with honey for the vocalists – a heavenly concoction.
5. Unending inside jokes.
6. And endless amounts of food provided by our wonderful team of volunteers.
Check out Rob Singleton’s blog for more on the Christmas Eve service, including pics and videos.
And a special thanks to the whole team of volunteers who kept everything rolling. You guys were amazing!!
1. O Come, O come Emmanuel
2. O Come Let Us Adore Him
3. Joy to the World (w/ Coldplay’s “Talk” intro)
4. Hark, the Herald Angels Sing/Noel
5. O Holy Night