Takeaways from Dead Preachers: Adrian Rogers
I listened to a little Adrian Rogers today on my jog–a sermon called “It’s Decision That Determines Destiny.” A killer reminder of the importance of our decisions. Rogers, who went to be with Jesus back in 2005, brought a great message from the first chapter of Ruth. Here are a few highlights:
- You are free to choose
- You are not free not to choose
- You are not free to choose the consequences of your choice
- One big choice takes care of a lot of little choices
- He had the wrong motive – He went for material gain–for bread.
- What motivated his life was what buttered his bread.
- Faith is believing God in spite of appearances and obeying God in spite of consequences.
- She had a new determination (“entreat me not to leave you”)
- She had a new dependences (“where you go, I will go”)
- She had a new desire (“your people shall be my people”)
- She had a new devotion (“your God shall be my God”)